Shiatsu is fundamentally a way to wake up residual or dormant energy in the body and for acknowledging stagnant and tense energy and encouraging movement. Each person’s pattern of tension and emptiness is unique and individual and absolutely relevant to their particular life. And intelligent shiatsu addresses how your body is adapting to your life. You could say that your body, in its posture, health and strength or weakness is an expression of your relationship with your life.
Welcome to the home of Empty Wheel Shiatsu Therapy. Here you will find details regarding treatments, bookings, and costs. Please click on a tab or menu item above for further information on specific aspects of this practice.
Empty Wheel Shiatsu is rooted in the ancient healing practices of Taoism and Shiatsu massage and has grown, over two decades of personal development and continuous study, to take in understanding and methods from Western physical therapies, Sufism, Buddhism, Diamond Logos Essence work and others.
The majority of my clients come looking for help with a specific problem but, over the course of their treatments, they quickly realise that Shiatsu bodywork aids their life in unexpected and valuable ways and it is these factors that keep them coming back for treatment and deepening their own health and resources through an ongoing process of healing and exploration.
Over the past two decades I have helped clients with a range of difficulties. Empty Wheel Shiatsu may help with:
- Stress and its effects
- Muscle and joint problems (aches, pains, tension, and injury)
- Back pain and spinal alignment
- Life transitions (including retirement, bereavement, conception and others)
- Processing difficult emotions
- Safely holding and releasing trauma (including PTSD and complex PTSD)
- Jaw problems (including TMJ issues)
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Insomnia and other sleeping difficulties
- Recovering from injury and surgery
Book Here or on 07421 358 212